To make the process of peer review and edition both comfortable for authors and fitting all editorial standards, which the Journal clearly adheres, we encourage our submitters to follow the given below requirements for the content and drafting of the article manuscripts.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CONTENT AND DRAFTING OF THE ARTICLE MANUSCRIPT
Please, read carefully the detailed instructions before submitting the manuscript. Clear adherence to the following requirements simplifies the work of the editorial staff and increases the chances of a positive submission decision as a result of double-blind review.
These requirements are conditioned by the indexation of the journal in international scientific-metric bases, and also follow from the requirements of the Ministry of Education of Ukraine. They cover:
UJCL welcomes submission of original research works on constitutional law topics and related disciplines, including comparative constitutional law, political science, theory and philosophy of law, European and international law. Interdisciplinary studies that focus on constitutional and legal issues of a theoretical or practical nature are also welcomed for submission and publication.
Submitted manuscripts should be original, not previously published in other publications or editions. This rule does not apply to materials published under the headings "National Heritage of Constitutionalism" and "World Heritage of Constitutionalism", which contain previously published works of authoritative scholars of the past or extracts from them.
Manuscripts submitted for publication in the Journal must meet the following criteria:
- To be relevant to the Journal`s policy and subject.
- To have the scientific style of presentation (which demands accuracy, logic, conciseness, comprehensibility, coherence, integrity, completeness of the material) and to be of high scientific level.
- To comply with the requirements of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, in particular regarding the mandatory presence in the article of the following structural elements:
- Statement of the problem and its relation to important scientific or practical tasks;
- Analysis of recent research and publications on the topic, highlighting previously unresolved parts of the general problem that the article is devoted to;
- Formulating the goals of the article (setting the task);
- Presentation of the main research material with full reasoning of the scientific results obtained;
- Research outcomes and prospects for further exploration in this scientific area.
The total scope of the scientific article should be up to 25 pages, including all elements of the article (bibliography and other).
- The article should be submitted in Ukrainian, optional, in English.
- The text should be printed in the MS Word text editor; paper size: A4; Orientation of pages: book with width alignment with indentation from the left edge – 1,25 mm; margins: upper, lower – 2 cm, left – 2 cm, right – 1 cm; font: Times New Roman (font size 14 ppm); line spacing – 1.5. There should be no hyphens and macros in the text.
- The information in the manuscript should be presented in the following order:
- Universal Decimal Classification (UDC) code, which must be left aligned.
- Full title of the article in Ukrainian and full title of the article in English, which must be in bold capitalization with centre alignment, without any abbreviations, including letter abbreviations. The title of the article should reflect the content of the study and be consistent with its purpose, scientific results and conclusions.
- Information about the author (co-authors) of the article in Ukrainian and in English, which must be aligned in the right margin, in the following order:
- First and last name;
- Scientific degree;
- Academic status;
- Information on membership in the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, National Academy of Legal Sciences of Ukraine or other countries;
- Honorary title;
- Affiliation (Place of work, town, city, country);
- Author’s e-mail;
- Researcher ID, ORCID ID, GICID ID.
No more than three co-authors are allowed in one scientific article.
- Abstract and keywords of the article in Ukrainian (at least 1800 characters together with keywords).
- The abstract and keywords of the article in English (at least 1800 characters together with keywords).
- Text of the article (according to REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTICLE CONTENT).
- List of sources used in Ukrainian, designed in accordance with the requirements of the Journal.
- References – a list of sources used, submitted in Latin and designed in accordance with the requirements of the Journal.
- Each article, funded by any project or organization, should include information on this and briefly describe the role of sponsors. When financing the research presented in a scientific article, the author should indicate the sources of such funding.
4.1. The reference is made by inserting a supernumerary index, which is matched by the footnote at the bottom of the page with bibliographic information about the cited source. The ordinal numbers of the supernumerary indexes begin with the number "1" and continue to number until the end of the article.
Each footnote at the bottom of the page begins with a numeric index (ordinal number), followed by bibliographic information about the source cited on that page. At the end of the footnote article, a list of references is formed.
4.2. Citation is carried out in accordance with the following rules:
- The citation text within a line (up to three lines of text) should begin and end with single quotation marks and be presented in the grammatical form in which it is provided in the source, while preserving the features of the author’s writing. The footnote mark is placed after the corresponding punctuation at the end of the quote or immediately after the word (phrase) to which it belongs. If the word (phrase) to which the footnote mark refers is in parentheses, the footnote mark is placed before the parenthesis that closes the word or phrase;
- A block citation (consisting of four or more lines of text) must be submitted in the text of the article in a new line with indents for the entire citation without quotation marks. Before and after the block quote, one line is indented;
- Citation should be complete, without arbitrary reduction of the author’s text and without distortion of the author’s thoughts. The skipping of words, sentences, paragraphs during citation are to be done without distortion of the author’s text and is indicated by three dots, which are placed in the appropriate place of the citation (at the beginning, in the middle, at the end). If there is a punctuation mark in front of the text or after it, then it is not saved;
- Each quote must be accompanied by a link to the source. In the case of indirect citation (translation, presentation of opinions of other authors in their own words), it is necessary to be as accurate as possible in presenting the opinions of the authors and be correct in evaluating their results and make appropriate references to sources. The footnote mark is to be placed after the appropriate punctuation at the end of the indirect quote or immediately after the word (phrase) to which it belongs. If the word (phrase) to which the footnote sign refers is indicated in parentheses, the footnote mark is to be placed before the parenthesis that closes the word or phrase;
- If the author of the article quotes some words in the citation, a special notion with explaining is to be made. For example: (emphasis added. – LP), (emphasized by me. – LP), (my discharge. – LP), where L.P. are the initials of the article`s author.
4.3. Illustrations (tables, charts, graphs, diagrams, formulas) can be included into manuscript. Illustrations should correspond to the text of the article. The headings of the illustrations should be placed after their numbers. If necessary, illustrations can be supplemented with explanatory information. In the place where the topic is related to the illustration and where the reader needs to point to it, the link should be placed in the form of an expression in parentheses “(Fig. 1.)”.
Scanned illustrations from printed sources will not be published in the journal. Tables must be executed in a MS Word text editor.
4.4. If a cited scientific publication is assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier), an international standard (ISO 26324:2012) for the identification of information, it must be specified in the reference to the relevant source and in the "References" (list of sources used).
The list of sources used (in original language: Ukrainian, English, other) should be placed after the article. The list of sources used is divided into the following parts:
“Bibliography” – which includes a list of scientific sources (authors and collective monographs, books, copyrighted books, scientific articles, conference materials, analytical materials, etc.) and “List of legal documents”, the sources are listed alphabetically in original (both Cyrillic and Latin) fonts.
“References” is a transliterated Latin version of the Source List used.
At it’s forming:
- Bibliographic data of foreign sources written in Latin, are to be duplicated and arranged alphabetically;
- Sources written in Cyrillic should be transliterated in Latin.
Registration of sources should be carried out in accordance with National Standard of Ukraine DSTU 8302:2015.
Examples of references design in Cyrillic and Latin:
- Батанов О.В. Інавгурація президента як інститут конституційного права: аксіологічні та онтологічні засади. Часопис Київського університету права. 2011. № 4. С. 114-119.
- Batanov O.V. Inavguraciya prezidenta yak institut konstitucijnogo prava: aksiologichni ta ontologichni zasadi. Chasopis Kiyivskogo universitetu prava. 2011. № 4. S. 114-119.
To submit a manuscript you should complete all the information required in the section "Submit Article” on this website and download the electronic version of the manuscript by clicking “Upload”.
The author (co-authors) is responsible for the accuracy of the material presented, the identity of the latter (personally) and the quality of translation of quotations from foreign sources.
Materials submitted in violation of these requirements are not published.